Jim serves as Chief Executive Officer of McShane Construction Company, a firm he founded in 1984. Jim’s leadership, creativity and intuitive knowledge of design/build construction propelled the McShane organization into one of the nation's premier construction services firms.
The growth and success of McShane Construction Company is anchored upon Jim’s dedication to the core commercial markets of industrial and office while evolving into growing sectors such as multi-family and healthcare. Today, the firm continues to enjoy a solid base of market diversity, geographical expansion and numerous successes on behalf of highly-respected clients.
Jim’s focus and dedication to growth and market scope has enhanced the firm’s platform on a national basis. McShane Construction has grown from a single-office construction operation in suburban Chicago into a national multi-office organization with locations in Auburn, Alabama; Irvine, California; and Phoenix, Arizona.
- Marquette University
Bachelor of Civil Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer – Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota
- ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers)
- AGC (Associated General Contractors of America)
- AIRE (Association of Industrial Real Estate Brokers)
- Builders Association (AGC Chicago Chapter)
- CBC (Chicago Building Congress) – President, 2005-2007
- NAIOP (Commercial Real Estate Development Association) – Chicago Chapter
- Editorial Advisory Board Member – Chicago Industrial Properties (2010)
- Editorial Advisory Board Member – Illinois Real Estate Journal (2007-2009)
- SIOR (Society of Industrial and Office Realtors) – Chicago Chapter
- USGBC (U.S. Green Building Council)