McShane Construction Company has begun construction of a 50,000-square-foot, build-to-suit facility for Option Care Health, Inc. in Itasca, Illinois for developers, Quadrangle Development Company and Janko Group. Approximately 55% of the single-story building will house office space, while the remaining 45% will incorporate licensed compounding pharmacy ambulatory infusion suites and support spaces for Option Care Health, the nation’s largest independent national provider of home and alternate site infusion therapy services.
“We’re excited to be constructing another innovative building in suburban Chicago,” shared Jeffrey A. Raday, President of McShane. “This space is especially unique because it includes a technologically-advanced pharmaceutical preparation area, patient-centered infusion suites, clinical collaboration spaces and efficient supply chain management infrastructure.”
McShane is performing the construction of the building shell as well as the interior buildout for the tenant. The facility will be situated on a 6.10-acre lot and will feature brick masonry with stone window and parapet wall accents.
The facility will feature open offices, private/shared offices, conference rooms and collaboration space for Option Care employees. There will also be a treatment area, a showroom/presentation space and a pharmacy lab area.
The building’s warehouse areas will feature two walk-in coolers and freezers, with two truck docks and two drive-in doors.
Completion of the facility is slated for June 2020. The architect of record is Wright Heerema Architects. The architect for the interior build-out is Whitney Architects. JLL is the broker representing the tenant.